Fine Restaurant Guide
- Elizabeth Street Café (Austin): Heavy on the Vietnamese and light on the French, a South Austin spot offers a welcome melding of cuisines
- Elizabeth Street Café (Austin): Two chefs develop a recipe for design at a bright and beautiful French-Vietnamese eatery
- Allium (Chicago): Chef Kevin Hickey moves out of the world of fine dining and into a world of fun
- Allium (Chicago): A hotel restaurant undergoes a season of change and gets a whole new look in the process
- Sorry to keep you waiting!
Category Archives: Wine
The Savoy (Chicago): Insane about absinthe, mixologist Deirdre Darling develops a beverage program that showcases this legendary, licorce-flavored spirit
The Savoy celebrates the legendary, licorice-flavored botanical spirit that was once believed to drive imbibers insane.
Munferit (Istanbul): The rules of raki — restaurateur Ferit Sarper teaches Fine readers how to drink Turkey’s favorite spirit
Chef-owner Ferit Sarper gives Fine readers a lesson on raki, Turkey’s power-packed national spirit.
Award-winning sommelier Jeremy Quinn teaches Fine readers about the finer points of “orange” wine.
Homestead (Chicago): A West Town restaurant serves cocktails in its garden and a bit of the garden in its cocktails
Mixologist Revae Schneider draws inspiration from the fresh garden ingredients used in the restaurant’s American contemporary cuisine.
Dishoom celebrates the beloved beverages of Mumbai, including the consummate favorite — chai.
Hutong Cafe (Oak Park, Ill.): Wine expert Gina Signorella tells diners which wines to bring to a pan-Asian BYOB
Expert Gina Signorella recommends wines that will make you say “cheers” when you quaff them along with BYOB Hutong Cafe’s Chinese/ pan-Asian fare.
Eggy’s Diner (Chicago): Old-fashioned soda fountain creations add nostalgia to a new Lakeshore East diner
An urban diner features elevated takes on refreshing, old-fashioned soda fountain favorites.
Grange Hall Burger Bar serves up country-themed cocktails and all-Midwestern beers and wines.
The Arrogant Butcher (Phoenix): A downtown eatery offers a snobbery-free menu of cocktails, beer and wine
A downtown eatery offers an eclectic array of liquid refreshments.
Take another look at Acadia, chef Ryan McCaskey’s South Loop gem.